I just did something I shouldn't. I counted my remaining days of freedom. Only 25. Including weekends. And in that 25 days, I am planning to:
do the family reunion thing
visit Dana in Houston
hunt down 2 dressers to paint and overhaul my bedroom
organize pictures and scrapbooking supplies
finish Tater's baby book
finish reading the Alex Cross series
make my back porch usable
find a swing set for Tater
...and I'm sure I can come up with a few more things I want to get done "while I have time." Can I get it all done? Of course not. A few notes regarding my list...
Randy bought a new desk (at an auction - for $20... he hearts bargains too) to put in Sam's room that's primary purpose (for me anyway) is to give me a place to scrapbook. It's really the credenza that goes behind a desk, so it's nice and long - perfect for spreading out. In the process of moving stuff into the desk, I discovered a sad truth about myself. I am not a scrapbooker. I am a collector of scrapbooking supplies. I have very few actual pages made - and Tater's poor baby book is maybe 1/4 finished. I haven't done any pages since 2 summers ago. But I sure do have a lot of stuff! I guess dropping stickers and papers in a basket doesn't take nearly as much time and effort as the actual scrapbooking. But that will change, as none of my budget envelopes say "Scrapbooking" on them, and now I have a place to spread out where I can leave stuff and not worry about getting dinner all over it. As God (and you guys) as my witness, I WILL have the baby book done by September.
James Patterson is my favorite man on the planet. And my least favorite. Because I can't stop reading his books. Just this summerI've read all but 2 of the Women's Murder Club books and at least 10 of the Alex Cross series. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten anything else done. I'm a junkie. This may be the one thing I cross off my list.
I am in search of a swing set/play thingy for Tater. I would really like to be able to find a good used set from somewhere, but I bet the chances of finding one are slim. I was thinking of maybe putting a "want to buy" ad in the Thrifty... would that be a dumb idea? Anybody know anybody whose kids have grown out of theirs that might be willing to sell it? Crys, I adore the one y'all got Jacob, and I think I found it online. It may be my Plan B if I can't find one used...
I have found a new purse I want. It is the giraffe print that is so big right now, and even though I usually don't feel cool enough for the trendy stuff, I love this one. It will be mine. AND it's at Sam Moon, which is 1) cheap, and 2) a few miles up the road from my sister's house. :) Happy day.
Ok, back to Detective Cross...
1 comment:
There is oh so much to cram into one short summer!
Hope you get it all done!
Post a Comment