In our old house, we had old, mismatched, and garage sale furniture, like most newly married couples do. We never got new stuff, but decided that we would do that when we moved into our new house out here. So I sold it all in a garage sale before we moved and we kept all our clothes in big Rubbermaid tubs until we got a new matching bedroom suite. Well, almost 3 years later, we're still living out of those Rubbermaids, and quite frankly, I'm tired of it!
Well, a new suite is not exactly in the budget now, but as a lover of paint and a devoted Trading Spaces fan, I figure I can make a matching set out of anything, right?
We were at an auction on Saturday, and we got 2 seventies-style octagon end tables that aren't all that pretty, but are real wood and in good shape for... get this... $12.50 total. I'm going to take the doors off and repaint them to use as night stands. So, yay! Bargain number one!
So yesterday while Tater was at MDO, I set off in search of Bargain number two - dressers. I went to Tennis Auction, Christians in Action, and another kinda scary resale shop on Chadbourne. They were all very proud of their ancient furniture, so the search will continue. I'll hit the garage sales this weekend - and maybe by the end of the summer, my bedroom actually will be decorated for the first time in this house!
Oh, but I'm not done yet - I went to Cato to see what kind of clothes they had on sale... because I do have a little money coming from the 2 days I worked summer school, so I wanted to scope it out. I walked out the door with THESE:

Cute, huh? And my grand total? $10.80. The brown ones were $2.99. Yeah, I may break my neck in them, but hey -they were super cheap! I found Bargain number two after all!!!
So if you need shoes, go to Cato! They had lots more in lots of styles. Oh, and I also walked the mall to do a little more window shopping, and Old Navy has lots of clearance stuff too - if you can bring yourself to buy sweaters, they have some cute ones for $4.99. Hopefully they'll still be around when I get that summer school check... :)
1 comment:
YEA for bargains! But when in all this bargain hunting are you going to come down here and teach me the tricks of the trade, cuz Lord knows I need it!
Post a Comment