...just a few bored ramblings.
This week I am filling in for my step-dad's office manager while she's on vacation. I'm doing little more than answering the phone, so I've had lots of free time to play on the internet, read blogs (why don't you people update every hour to give me something to read?). and read books. I've got 3 going at once now - a TD Jakes book about men's emotions, a Lee Strobel book about marriage, and a James Pattterson novel. I've given up on the Ruth book; the forward was the high point. Got boring and a little frustrating. The author's views of women and their place was a little too 19th century for me, which surprised me - the opposite of what I expected.
So I'm a little bored now. And I'm having a big-time chocolate craving.
I'm seriously bummed about our principal leaving us. He's the only principal I've ever worked for, but I know how good I've had it. He's always supported me on everything, gives us whatever we need... he's an incredible boss and friend. I've heard plenty of other horror stories about principals who don't back you up, don't care, aren't involved... I'm worried about who will take his place. Plus I'll miss him terribly. AND I can't go up there to talk to him this week and who knows if he'll even be at our campus next week... Pooh.
This weekend is our family reunion - Christmas style. Chrsitmas on Mom's side of the family was always a very big deal - everybody came home then. But now families are growing and spreading out across the country. So we decided that since it's easier to get everybody together in the summer, we'd just move Christmas to July. We have a tree, gifts, and turkey and dressing Christmas dinner. We did it for the first time last year, and it was a blast. I'm looking forward to it - I'll get to see my cousin's 9 month-old who I haven't even met yet. And the best past is that it's here in SA, so I can sleep in my own bed at night. Sweet.
The days of summer are dwindling... I have less than 4 weeks until I start back. And I'm still not 100% positive what I'm teaching. I'm really hoping bossman will finalize staffing before he leaves. If he even can. Ugh, I'm dreading a week and a half of staff development with anyone other than him. He manages to make it not boring or useless.
Ok, back to a book or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment