Saturday, July 26, 2008

Howdy from H-town

We are having such a great time here in Houston! Well, really Spring, but it's a lot cuter to hear Tater say "Hoo-sun," so that's where Dana and Levi live.

We drove down on Tuesday after Mom's Day Out. Tater actually did a lot better in the car than I thought he would. He slept about an hour and then played and watched his movies with relatively little fussing. I have to admit, I was a nervous about the drive. Dallas is the furthest I've driven by myself, and I seriously hate driving in real big-city traffic. And of course, since I decided to leave at naptime, that put me going through San Antonio at 5. Stupid me. I may be almost 29 years old, but I turn into a 16-year-old small-town girl when you put me on a freeway. But I managed to get us here in one piece!

We have done some cooking, some great bargain shopping (I have my purse!), lots of playing... we had the best evening last night, but I'll let that be its own post later when we get some pictures uploaded. Today is lazy day - we all slept late and watched cartoons all morning, and now it's naptime. Dana, Levi and Tater are sleeping, but I guess I overdid it on the coffee, because I gave up after laying in the bed for 15 minutes. We'll probably head back to good ole SA Monday morning; I thought about going back Sunday, but I'm not ready to go, and I don't think we've driven Dana and Levi nuts quite yet... I imagine our welcome will last one more day without wearing out. :)

Pictures coming soon!

No comments: