I just spent an hour looking at friends' blogs, and friends-of-friends' blogs, and remembered two of the reasons I originally created this. 1) To keep up with people and make it easier for people to keep up with us, and 2) to reach out to my friends - other women, other moms, and other people who have walked in my shoes and are going/have gone through the same things as me.
Case in point - my sweet friend J. We taught closely together for 2 years; right next door, same team... love her to death. This year, though, I've had such a hard time keeping up with her. She moved halfway across the school to teach another grade, and I never see her at school anymore. And I miss her terribly. But I read her blog, and I feel caught up - mostly anyway. I know what's going on in her life with her darling boys and everything, so I don't feel so out of the loop when I do actually get to see her.
It is so hard with all our hectic lives to keep in touch with everybody that we want to, no matter what our situation. And that leads me to the other thing - it is so nice to know that there are other people that feel the same as you about something, or have struggled with something you're dealing with now. Kids, jobs, relationships... some things are more universal than we realize. In the words of my new favorite song, "Woah-ho, we need each other..."
So I have a challenge to my dear friends and family reading this - start a blog!! It's really easy, and quite theraputic, as I'm finding (hence the "health benefits" I mentioned in an earlier post), not only to get your thoughts out, but also to connect with others through their thoughts.
OK - I'm pretty sure that Tater's gonna get up extra early tomorrow, specifically because I stayed up late tonight. So off to bed I go.
2 comments:
I am so glad you started a blog becaue I have missed you terribly as well. This year has been so blah compared to the past ones.
And the story about the poopy diaper is hilarious. Seriously, men could NEVER do what we do on a daily basis. :)
Wow! I see you every weekday morning, yet I am sitting here catching up on your posts, and I am overwhelmed! You are awesome, oh daughter of mine!
Post a Comment