Sunday, February 17, 2008

To My CLG

This morning was so uplifting; so needed. I knew I had missed getting together with my friends in Christ every week, but I didn't realize how much I needed you guys. I can't tell you how excited I am for our "new" group; doubled in size from last semester. It's absolutely wonderful how easily we already can talk to each other, like we're already family. And I want you all to know I consider you family. I'll admit it's hard sometimes being there alone, but I don't ever feel alone really. My favorite thing about our group? No walls. It seems like everybody there is open and honest, even vulnerable sometimes, with no walls up to keep people out.

So to you, my friends:
To H and B: Your passion for Christ is inspiring. I'm really looking forward to being infected with your enthusiasm.
To A and J (B): You guys are adorable. You have such insight, and I'm excited to be learning with you and from you. And to meet that sweet girl in a couple of months!!
To A and C: Your faith and calm during this trial is perfectly Christ-like. I want you both to know that I look up to you as an example of what a Christian couple looks like. I admire your commitment to Christ and each other.
To A and J: I am so glad to know you! I love the way you know what God wants you to do and embrace it, even if it is a little scary. I can already tell we're not going to be ready to let you go this summer.
To L and C: You two are the hardest-working people I know. I admire your vision for your future, and feel a special connection to you both.
And to SaSa: There aren't words. I'm blessed to have you, to be on this journey with you. I think it's ironic God sent me 2 best friends with the same name, but I'm glad he did.

You guys are already my unsung heroes.

No comments: