Well, what a fun 2 days it has been. Tater started spiking fevers yesterday up to 103, so I went ahead and made plans to stay home and take him to the dr. So about 5 I got on the computer to make and send sub notes... no internet. Oy vey! But Randy was supposed to be home around 7, so I figured I'd do it later. I went into the kitchen to debone the chicken for soup (since everybody's been sick, I've been making that a lot lately!), only to discover I had no water. None whatsoever. Oy vey! I think Randy may have been secretly glad to be able to get away from rodeo to come check on it. But there was nothing he could do, so he made a phone call and we went without water for the night. They came this morning around 8:30 and left right before we had to leave for the doctor's office. So yes, Tater and I went out in public today, neither bathed since Saturday and both still wearing the slight aroma of baby puke. Oy vey! The pump on the well was broken - "all chewed up" in his words. Lord knows how much that will cost... But the doctor's visit was a success, sort of. Tater's lungs were clear (my biggest concern). He says Tater most likely has the flu, but since it's been 24 hrs, there's not much to do to treat it. He did say that now the concern is a secondary infection, and since Tater's left ear was starting to get a little fluid-y, he'd go ahead and put him on antibiotics. He faxed over the prescription, so I figured I could go to the grocery store to give them time to fill it. Ha! When I got to Walgreens 45 minutes later, the fax "had just come through" and there was a TWO HOUR wait time to fill it. Oy vey!
But now my poor sweet boy is sleeping... I'll go get the prescrition later, and I have water. It's kind of orange and chlorine-y, but I can run that out into the field for awhile until it clears out. Oh, the joys of living in the country! (OK, I know it's New Yorkers that say, "Oy vey," not country folk. But I like the way it sounds. Makes me feel like Robert DeNiro. )
1 comment:
oy vey is right! You poor thing! I hope everybody gets better right away!!!
Post a Comment