Sunday, February 10, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

So my brilliant child has started speaking in sentences. He is putting together 3-4 word sentences. Sometimes they're not so much in order ("Nana's house now go"), but they're always cute, and often include the word "now;" he's not the most patient kid. He's sick this weekend, and mama has a tendency to spoil him rotten when he doesn't feel well. Yesterday, nap time rolls around, and he grabs my face in his little hands and says, "Sleep Mommy's bed now." How can you say no to that? He just amazes me every day with the things that come out of his mouth.
A little list of all the things he says that I adore:
  • He still calls his daddy "Dadoo;" has since he started talking and I hope he always does.
  • "I l'ou" - his version of "I love you"
  • When it's time for church, he says "Church? Play friends! Jesus!"
  • Instead of the dreaded "No!" from the mouth of a toddler, we're working on "No ma'am" or "No sir." He has turned it into "No sirree bob"
  • When zipping up his jammies - "Zip doo dah!" (my fault - mama has a song for everything)
  • Counting: "too, fee, too, fee, four, five, sebben, six, eight, nine" (he never says 1 or 10 for me)
  • The dog (Nico) is "Geeko puppy"
  • Cousin Caleb is "Babeeb," like he's a sheik or something
  • D-pop (my dad) is "Bee bop"

2 comments:

no_iffer said...

I am soooo glad you have joined the blog world! You will love it - it's such a great way to journal.

Tater is so stinkin cute! I can't wait till Grant starts talking...but then I can.

Sara_Smiles said...

So proud of your technology-ability!

What precious memories to have! This is a good place to store them. Loves!