As I sit here typing, my darling son is doing everything in his power to avoid going to sleep for his nap. He's already switched out blankets twice, managed to make his water cup leak so I had to come in an remove it, cried for 10 minutes, and now it is booger time. Yes, booger time.
His words. Evidently he has resorted to picking his nose, because this is what I heard after 20 seconds or so of silence.
"Mama! It's a booger! BOOGER!!! There's a booger on my finger! Mama! Booger time!"
"Mama, get the booger off my finger! (more tears) Booger, booger, booger, booger!"
And it continues, but you get the point. And now we're back to the screaming and crying. This is the first naptime he's slept in his own bed without a pacifier (see the "Ma" post), and it is not going well. But I will not go in there. I will be strong. Even if I cry too.
Update: I did go in there. I was not strong. After 30 more minutes, he had worked himself into such a tearful frenzy that I couldn't stand it. I had to go hold my boy. I rocked him to sleep in 5 minutes, something I had not done in quite some time. I just watched his little face, shuddering with left-over sobs every now and then, in awe that this beautiful child is mine. Dangit - even in his sleep, the kid already knows how to make Mom forget she was ever mad at him.
No comments:
Post a Comment