Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lovin' every minute of it

Any tiny shred of regret I had over not being able to teach summer school is gone. I have had the best week with my little boy! Even though we haven't done anything monumental, we have done the park thing a few times, gone to the library, watched movies, had fun grocery shopping... and today we made play-dough. For one whole incredible hour he was fully occupied and engaged in the stirring and squishing, followed by the rolling and cutting and balling and more squishing. Too much fun!!
Then while we were eating lunch, it started to rain... a not-so-common occurrence around here lately. I couldn't drag him away from the kitchen window ("Watch that rain, Mom!"), so I pulled his little table over to the window so he could see. I just love watching the wonder in his little face...

Ah yeah... these days are the best.

PLAY-DOUGH UPDATE: Added Tuesday 6-25...
(I love that play-dough is the biggest thing I have to update about!)

If anybody's in search of a quick, easy, no-cook play-dough recipe, here's what we made:

PUFF DOUGH

3 c flour
1 c salt
1 c water
3 Tbsp cooking oil

Just mix it all together and then add food coloring if you want. I split it in half and made 2 colors. Super easy and I like the texture. Keeps awhile too.

Here are a couple of pictures. He decided that blue was his and purple was mine, and not five minutes later took over my purple. Little stinker...

2 comments:

Dana said...

ahhh to watch the rain...a boy after my own heart! It has thunderstormed every day since we've been in Kansas and I LOVE it!

Diane said...

Awww...I remember making playdough for YOU! And you loved it just as much.