- My son has a new fascination with tattoos. He found some rub-ons and just had to have one. He picked the smiley face wearing headphones. I had to play along and put a butterfly on my foot too.
Randy is now worried that he will grow up and be covered in them. A tattooed bull-rider. That should be interesting.
- I went to a pretty cool workshop today about Web 2.0 stuff. I got some really good ideas that I will be able to use easily if I move to writing... will need some creativity to fit it into reading. I really have to integrate more technology though, no matter what I'm teaching. Randy went today too, so that was kinda cool to hang out with him. In the 3 years we've both been in education, there have only been a handful of times we've "worked" together.
- I have a new self-tanner that I really love. It's the Coppertone Endless Summer. It actually doesn't turn me orange.
- Tater was having issues with what blanket to use each night. It has been a toss up between Feet Covers (baby feet blanket from the hospital) and Tiny Covers (thin receiving blanket from Old Navy). Tiny Covers has been the favorite, but it's too short for this growing boy. So I took 2 other of the same type of blanket, cut them both in half, and stitched them back up in blocks. Sounded great in theory, but in reality, it's the worst sewing job I've ever done. Inexperienced me sewing thin, stretchy knit was not a pretty sight. The blanket may be ugly and Suessically long, but it serves it's purpose - for this summer anyway. Hopefully by next summer we can handle an actual sheet.

- This Sunday, Randy and I will have been married for 6 years. Funny, it feels longer than that... :)
- Tater and I are going to the park tomorrow morning. If anybody is actually up and reading this before 8:30 or so, feel free to come join us!
- We decided tonight while watching the news and seeing the forecast that we are moving to Montana. We'll FedEx a snowball.
- My project for next week: cleaning out Sam's room. When she's not here, it becomes the catch-all room (read: place to stash all my crap), and it really needs an overhaul. Plus if I plan to do any scrapbooking this summer, I must unbury my supplies.
- I got a flat tire Monday - evidently ran over a really sharp rock. Since I didn't go anywhere yesterday, it went unnoticed until Randy got home. As Tater watched him putting on the spare, he said, "OOooo, truck broken. Daddoo fix it." Then he looked at me with his brow wrinkled up, pointed his little finger at me and said, "You drive too fast."
- I want to have a play date at my house next week, maybe Wed or Thurs (need cleaning time - I'll be out of town this weekend). Anybody interested? I'd love to see how many kids we can pack in this house.
OK, that's all I got. Here are a few more pics of the boy for your viewing pleasure.


1 comment:
OOOH! Playdate!!!
I have a doc appt on the 18th &19th, early (9:15ish)... but you know Owen & I will be there. Prob not Caleb...unless the date is after 4. Let me know!
Smooches!
Post a Comment