So I'm not teaching summer school, like I thought I would be. We got there on Friday, and the principal started out with, I really hate doing this, but..." and proceeded to tell us that due to low enrollment, 5 of us were without a job. Guess who was one of the "lucky" ones.
Now don't get me wrong, I was not totally heartbroken. The only reason I was doing it? The money. So I started wondering what God was trying to tell me. I had thought he wanted me to be responsible - do my part to bring in a little extra money to get rid of the bills that I'm always griping and stressing and worrying about... Oh.
Yeah, I love it when he smacks me on the head (like on the V-8 commercial) and says, "Duh!"
So... I am no longer worried about finances. I asked Him to take the worry and the pressure, and true to His word, He did. With my pay-off-everything crazy haze lifted, I see we're doing just fine. We're getting the hang of this strict budget thing (although I would die for just one Old Navy shopping spree). My poor nagged-to-death husband just sold his beloved bass boat and we paid off a card. I have let go of this weird desperate need to get the entire world paid off next month and have decided life is too short. There are definitely more important things. Like spending 19 more days with my son instead of a bunch of teenagers who'd rather watch War and Peace than to listen to me teach. We will continue to be diligent, and the bills will be gone when they are gone. It's time to enjoy my summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment