Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Stupid Nature

There is a bird. It resides in a sweet little nest just outside my window, where it likes to sing its sweet little song...
at FIVE O'CLOCK in the morning!!!!!

And it's not really sweet. It's freakin' annoying. It's piercing four-note so-called "song" reverberates through the entire house.

This bird became my mortal enemy about the next to last week of school. Many grumblings were aimed at this winged creature; but one day, all of a sudden, as if in answer to my prayers, it disappeared. Ah, relief. Sleep.

But no. Evidently, it just went on vacation to it's little birdie time-share in Florida, because it's back. Came back late last week, but somehow it seemed quieter. Or maybe my summer sleep frame of mind let me tune it out better, I don't know. But this morning, there was no tuning out to be done. I think the dang thing had a megaphone or something. It woke up me, the dog, and, unfortunately the son.

At 5 AM.

I naively attempted to get Tater back to sleep. After rocking, shushing, back rubbing, a disatrous trip in the dark to the kitchen for water that involved shinbones connecting with toddler chairs, and more back rubbing, I gave up.

So did Randy. At 5:30, he came out to let the dog outside. I smiled at him sweetly and gave him a warm morning welcome:

"That bird must die."

2 comments:

Sara_Smiles said...

I know of a shotgun...
and I am a good shot...
OR, I can use a .22.
Just let me know.

Diane said...

Want to borrow some bird netting? Wrap the bush in it? I've got some left over from the swallow incident!