Translation dictionary:
Polly = potty
Nunik = music
My = I (i.e. No Mom, MY do it!)
Tubba Thomas = his "real name" (or as he once told Nana when asked what his real name is, "Tubba Thomas Time-out")
Bunny bonnet = rabbit
Manatanoes = mashed potatoes
and the dog is still Geeko rather than Nico, and Randy is and will always be Daddoo.
Some hilariousness from his mouth recently:
Saturday we made chocolate chip cookies. He was so excited - we pulled the chair up to the counter so he could reach, and he clapped his little hands together and exclaimed, "Let's DO this!"
Yesterday we were coloring with markers and found a dried out one. I told him he could throw it away, and he agreed, "Yeah, this one broken pretty much."
His favorite exclamation: "Holy cow!" Sounds way funnier from his mouth. Sometimes he follows up with "Oh my gosh!"
He got in trouble the other day. As I was fussing at him, he put his hands on his little hips and said. "Excuse me?"
Sometimes after eating, he'll say, "Ok! Now my tummy feel better!"
He teases us with the "high five" then pulling away before you high-five him to go "down low." Must always be repeated at least 3 times.
When you explain something to him, sometimes he'll respond, "OOOoohhh! I see!" Like he totally gets it now!
He lists things in this silly little sing-song voice that is hard to describe in type, but his voice goes up at the end of each item on his list, like, "I eatin' supper, and turkey, and manatanoes, and bean beans (green beans)..." or after the PBR, he talked for days about, " I go rolleo (anything horse or bull related at the coliseum or Spur is rodeo to him), and I see bulls, and see horsies, and see Shiney (Cheyenne Duncan, the love of his life), and see Daddoo..."
The child talks more than any boy I've ever met (of course, I spend most of my days with teenage boys, so they're not a fair comparison). He definitely doesn't have his daddy's quiet demeanor. Randy jokes that he got all my best traits - curly hair, allergies, big mouth...
Oh, I could go on and on. This boy cracks me up daily. He's been living up to the "terrible twos" stereotype quite a bit lately, but he manages to melt away any frustration with one goofy comment or sweet face. And I still just think he's the coolest thing ever. I am so incredibly blessed to be this child's mama.
1 comment:
Too cute! I can't wait until I get some more Jocilynisms! 9 months old next week!
Post a Comment