"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11
I finally get it. God's plan is not for me to be a stay-at-home mom. I may want it, but for whatever reasons, His reasons, it's not in His will. That's not the big part of it though... the big deal is, I'm OK with that. I mean, I'm completely and totally ok and AT PEACE with working while raising my toddler. In fact, I was going to post this early last week, but I needed to wait through this week of Spring Break heaven with my child to be sure it was a God thing and I was still ok. And I am. And it is. A God thing, I mean. There is no possible way I could let go of this dream without His peace. I still don't fully understand how, but I think I'm finally truly learning to "Let go and let God."
Let me give you the background... Our bible study at church is discussing what we were "made" for, and one verse kept tugging at me.
"My thoughts and my ways are higher than yours"
Isaiah 55:9
And it finally hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm such a selfish creature; I'd been so wrapped up in what I wanted that I wasn't at all worried about what God wanted for me. And what he wanted me to DO. We're not put on this earth for ourselves, or even just for our own families. We're herer to do whatever it is He wants us to do. And until I quit whining about what I wanted Him to do for me, I would never see what He wants me to do for Him. He's got the big picture in mind, while I couldn't see past my four walls. I know how big a responsibility I have for Tater. And I take that very seriously; I am working hard to train him up in the way he should go. But he's not my only responsibility. God has something else for me to do.
"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek with me with all of your heart."
Jeremiah 29: 12-13
I'm not sure what exactly God has planned for me yet. But I do know that I want to find out. And I'm more receptive to hear His answer now. And I truly want to do His will, instead of hiding behind... well, whatever's handy. I know I don't want to hide behind my child; I had to let go of this to open up my heart to fully seek Him. Above all else, I am truly grateful. Grateful for His sacrifice, His love and especially His peace. I am humbled to be called a Child of God.
3 comments:
I love you!
Mom
It's so amazing the peace that God will give us if we let him!
I am endlessly happy for you and admire you so very much. For so many reasons. :)
Post a Comment