On his "real" birthday, Sam and I took him to school and had cupcakes with his little class. It was so cute - they all ate the tops off (because that's where the icing is) and left the rest. I hope all the other moms can forgive me for the sugar rush their kids surely went home with that day!
Then on Sunday evening, we had his party here at the house. Since Finding Nemo is his favorite movie (we had to watch it EVERY DAY last summer), we had a Nemo party, or "parley" as Tater said over and over. He was so excited to have everyone over. It was not a huge deal, but it was so much fun. I was over the moon seeing my house full of family. Both my sweet sisters managed to make it to town to help celebrate; we were missing some family due to illness and distance, but it was still a blast.

Nana made an incredible Nemo birthday cake that Tater was so excited about. He was definitely into blowing out those candles - he knew exactly what to do. He was a little nervous to get too close to the flame, but he got it after only 3 tries. The rest of the "meal" had a sea theme too. The kids ate shells and cheese and octopus dogs. The grown-ups had submarine sandwiches, shrimp salad and chicken salad made by Grandma (thank you!!). And we all h
ad ocean fruit salad (compliments of blue food coloring) and birthday cake for dessert. Tater made such a fun mess with it. My goodness, there were crumbs everywhere. Then Tater and Jordan played and played and played. They chased each other around the house until we had to impose "walking feet" rules. They played with the new Mr. Potato head and played doctor with the animal hospital set. Tater was listening to Jordan's "boom boom."
ad ocean fruit salad (compliments of blue food coloring) and birthday cake for dessert. Tater made such a fun mess with it. My goodness, there were crumbs everywhere. Then Tater and Jordan played and played and played. They chased each other around the house until we had to impose "walking feet" rules. They played with the new Mr. Potato head and played doctor with the animal hospital set. Tater was listening to Jordan's "boom boom." I just still can't believe he is already two. But at the same time, I honestly have to look at pictures to really remember what he was like when he was tiny. Watching him grow has been the best experience of my life. I can't wait to see what will come next. I often get overwhelmed with God's grace. I could never deserve the joy this little boy brings me, and I am beyond grateful. Thank you Father, for entrusting me with this precious child.

2 comments:
We were SO happy to be able to be there! It was a great party! It kills me to see how much all those boys have changed since they were "tiny". Thanks again for a great "parley"! Love ya seester!
What a cutie-patootie! I'm glad it was such a good day! Love you, friend!
Post a Comment