Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Owie Drama

Evidently, Tater hurt his knee at school today. He had a pinhead-sized scab on his little knee, but it must cause him great pain, because he fussed about it the whole way home from Nana's.

He carried on this toddler diatribe:
"Owie on MY knee, Mama! Owie right there"
"My fall down. Hurts, Mom"
"Look, my show you, Mom. Hurt MY knee"
"Problem MY knee - my show you (what) happened"

"Owie right... Ooo, another one owie MY leg. Kiss it Mama - my kiss it. Mmmmwah"
"Kiss other one owie. Mmmmwah"
"Need hair band (band-aid) MY knee Mom."

And it just went on and on... who knew a two-year old could come up with so many ways to tell me he'd hurt himself? He certainly can be the little drama queen... or king, or whatever.

Well, we certainly had to get that taken care of as soon as we got home. We got a hair band, I mean, band-aid and made it all better. So now he's running around showing us his hair band and demanding kisses every ten minutes.

Oh my.

3 comments:

Dana said...

LOL I love the "Problem MY knee" part! And how he says "my" instead of "me"....Oh, love that boy!

Diane said...

On the way to Nana's from school it was "Owie my aig (leg)...ohhh...my owie Nana..." I don't know why I even looked in the rearview mirror...I knew I would see it...the pouty lip! When we got to the house, he showed it to me, wanting me to kiss it, so of course, I did. After he got out of the car, he couldn't see it anymore because he was wearing long pants. "My owie...where go, Nana?" Too funny!You are right...a little drama king!

no_iffer said...

that is too cute! I hope he pulls through and survives this horrible scarring experience. :) Silly boys...