I don't know how, but my son has somehow inherited my penchant for random thoughts. We sat down to lunch today for the second time (long story involving a sneaky little boy's attempt to get candy), and as he's eating his pizza, here's the convo:
Tater: "Car coming."
Mama: "There's a car coming?"
T: "Yeah"
M: "Where's the car?"
T: "Safe now"
M: ...um, ok - is this a teachable (or already taught by Nana) moment? "You're right - if you hold hands when the car's coming, you'll be safe, huh?"
T: "Yeah."
??? Mommy was thoroughly confused.
But it got better; he then proceeded to shift gears - he was waving his pizza around, singing some cute little song with "nummy, nummy" being repeated over and over. I figured that one out though - Grandma and D-Pop have the Elmo with the singing pizza, and it sings, "Yummy, yummy, that's the pizza pie," or something like that. The thing is, he hasn't been to Grandma's for 2 weeks. That kid's memory amazes me. The other day, he was playing in the bed of Daddy's truck and asked where Dana and Levi were. Huh??? But then I remembered that the last time he'd played in the bed of Daddy's truck was when Dana and Levi dropped him off after keeping him when Mom was out of town and Tater and I were both sick. In January. Wow.
Oh, back to his randomness today... After lunch, we laid in my bed for a nap (it's vacation - not that I need an excuse to break my own rules... I do it way too often). He brought up the car coming thing again, so I made sure he knew the cars couldn't come inside. So he decided that a monster was coming, so he had to hide. Which means he had to hide his face in Mama, which is ok with me. But then he asked where his footies went.
??? I said, "Your footies?" "Yeah. Footie jammies go?" I really wish I knew what spiral in his brain leads him from monsters to footie jammies.
2 comments:
You are right...that kid is random! Like when he asks where Ann is????? I always try to think back over what was just said or what we had just done to remind him of whatever he happens to be talking about. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't! But I totally understand...I'm afraid you both inherited the randomness from me!
He is too cute!I am still amazed that he is old enough to talk, much less confuse us with his jabber. Where does the time go?!
Hey, I know you don't know her extremely well, but my friend Angela is having a playdate at her house on Wednesday at noon. I'll be there, I am pretty sure Crys will too, and Sara..so that's a few people you know. There are potentially going to be more than a million children so it should be tons of fun. I already asked her if you could come and she said she knows you and would love to have you...so, email me if you want her address or call me..
Post a Comment