My baby is no longer a baby. I was hoping I could wait until his 2nd birthday to say that, but I can't. He has officially stepped through the big-boy portal and left babyhood behind... on not one, but two counts. Yesterday, he pee-peed in the potty. For the past few weeks, he's been very interested in the potty, and has asked to use it a few times, but never "produced any results." But yesterday when he told Nana he needed to poop and then nothing happened, she asked if he wanted to pee-pee instead. And he did!!! So big! So let the potty training begin!
Then, last night while we were playing in the floor, he tried pulling the hair band out of my ponytail. When I told him not to, he looked at me with wide eyes and asked, "Why?"
WHY? I am not ready for the why's! He can't start the why-asking now! I'll be completely gray-headed by the time he turns four. Where's my sweet tiny baby who I rocked in my arms, gazing into his helpless blue eyes, wondering what he would be like when he grew up?
Ah, the bittersweet moments of motherhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment