If Tater could eat anything he wanted all day long, it would be fruit snacks. up until recently known as "newt nacks," they are God's gift to the snack drawer. I know there are many worse things he could be addicted to, but I sometimes worry we're gonna have to rush him to the hospital with a huge glob of artificially colored and flavored gelatin in his belly.
Last night, I finally restocked the fruit snacks. He had been sick and unhungry, so it hadn't been a big deal that we were sadly lacking in the grocery department. But I finally made the trip to Sam's and bought the super-ultra-mega pack of the Motts fruit snacks that are made with apple sauce (less sugar = less Mommy guilt). He had a package before bed last night, but he must have forgotten, because this morning, you would have thought it was Christmas in my pantry. He found the box, and he could not contain his joy. Then he opened the snack drawer and discovered even more. The image was priceless: Huge, wide-open-eyed smiles.... Exclamations of "Fruit snacks!! Me!!!" Then he gathered them all up in his arms - 7 or 8 packages total and turned to me. "Thankum Mommy! Thankum!" He repeated his gratitude at least 3 times. It was so adorable I nearly cried.
I am so grateful to have a grateful child. Even if it is over a glob of gelatin.
1 comment:
Precious!
Post a Comment