Thursday, March 20, 2008

This day

Thank you Father for this day. My heart smiles after a day like today.

Today was our big play-date with our small group from church. We six women had five kids ages 3 and under running around this house, and I loved every second of it. Amazingly enough, they all played together pretty well - no fights, minimal tantrums. They all sat down to eat together at the little table, and it was too cute. Only lasted about 5 minutes, but still...

My favorite part, though, was having my friends in my house. It was so great to just sit and relax with the girls, with nothing terribly important to discuss - just chatting, looking at sonogram pics (3 of the 6 of us are preggers!), eating guacamole and coralling the kids. I think we all had fun - I know I did!

Then Tater and I took a nap together, did a little Easter craft and played outside with Daddy. It was a simple, simply perfect day. Nothing huge, but beautiful. These days are when I am the happiest. I live for them. But yet... no - I'll save that for another post. Watch for my epiphany, coming soon.

3 comments:

Sara_Smiles said...

J,
It WAS wonderful. Thanks so much for hosting. I bragged on Tater's Sawa calling, and strawbaby kisses, and genuine love for us. I am uber blessed to have a girlfriend like you. Thank you!

Skavoovie said...

This sounds oh so familiar! Amongst our growth group girls, we have 10 kids and one on the way! 4 out of 5 of us were pregnant last year together! It is always chaotic and loud, but so much fun and such a blessing. Glad you're having a great Spring Break! - Deanna

Sara_Smiles said...

J,
See the very few photos I took at your casa...on my blog. Loves!
Me!