Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 4

Week one is almost over... Hallelujah! I don't remember being this tired the first week of school last year. And the kids we have this year are all saints and Rhodes scholars compared to last year's darlings, so I don't know what my problem is.

I really do like my kids this year. They seem so small and sweet. I even like the boogers, even though I can already tell they're going to be boogers. I can already tell who my biggest challenges are going to be too - a group of 6 boys in my Pre-AP class. Smart and smart-alecky. Cute but obnoxious. Loud but funny. Basically, they are Tater in 10 years. So I already love them, but I'm sure they're going to make me crazy. I do also have a couple of special needs kids that are going to be a challenge in making sure they get everything they need to be successful, but nothing like last year.

I also really like my team of teachers. I feel very blessed to be working with this awesome group of Christian ladies. There are some faces I miss A LOT this year - Jenny, Leslie, Bill, Coley... but I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the new folks.

It's gonna be a great year... or not. The choice is mine.

And I choose greatness.

1 comment:

Sara_Smiles said...

Um... yes. Remember, you have a great resource in the 6th grade teachers to tell you what will work and what hasn't worked with those boogers, and the sweeties, and what not. Good luck, my friend.