Saturday, August 16, 2008

It doesn't get any better than this

  • Sleeping til 7 and then bringing Tater back to bed for some giggly snuggles
  • A lazy morning complete with vanilla caramel coffee
  • Making brownies with a helper

  • A 2 1/2 hour nap. For Tater, not me. I got a lot of scrapbooking stuff organized and actually watched a TV show that was not animated.

  • A dust-free living room... the only cleaning I did today. And I'm ok with that.

  • Playing outside with my "boys" while a lovely pork loin got happy on the grill

  • A 3-dollar kite that actually flies pretty well

  • Weather cool enough to require putting on jeans and a jacket in August

  • Watching my husband blowing bubbles for Tater to chase and whack with a hockey stick

  • Watching my husband climb up on top of his truck in order to get more distance out of said bubbles
  • Tater deciding he would rather go to bed early than finish his supper and going down with no fight whatsoever, thus leaving me time to post this.

Thank you Father for reminding me what's important... reminding me to just slow down and take it all in every now and then. And for showing me that I really do have it all.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm SO glad you had such a good family day. Maybe it makes up for your lousy 'last day' before you had to go back to that four-letter word. The pics are great...especially the one of your boys flying the kite!

Love ya!