Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ah, cool...

The a/c is all better. The repair guy had it finshed right before I left for VBS yesterday so it was nice and cool when I got home. Yay.

VBS has been going great. Our church does "Fuel Week" for middle schoolers at the same time as VBS but separate, and that's who I've been working with. Gosh, these little goobers make me crazy, but I love them. I'm also finally getting to know more people at church, which is good. Only bad thing is that it's over at 9, so getting Tater wound down for bed has been a nightmare. I'll just have to accept that 10:15 is bedtime for this week. And it meant I missed girls' night last night. :( But, it's 8 AM and Tater is still sleeping. I think this is a record.

I had wanted to make a last ditch effort at a play date this week, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I am trying to get my new old bedroom furniture (THANK YOU Ang!) sanded and repainted and into my bedroom so I have a relaxing place to retreat to once school starts. So that's taking all my free/naptime time, which means my house is beyond filthy. As in my floor's probably actually too gross for my own kid to walk across, much less yours.

We only have a week left! Waaah! I haven't even been to my room this summer. So I guess my stuff stays unorganized for one more year. Oh well... I have learned to thrive inside my chaos.

I can't believe it's already August. Wasn't it just June? Pooh.

OK, I'm gonna go make coffee. Maybe that will perk up my mind and my mood. Happy Wednesday!

No comments: