Monday, August 11, 2008

What a day...

Today was my last official day of summer. SD starts tomorrow. So how did I spend my day? Playing, snuggling, enjoying and making memories with Tater? No. I wanted to, but that just didn't happen. He was in all-out terrible two mode, and I had a monster headache all day that I could not get rid of. The whole day was a battle, culminating in dinner, which became a full-blown war. Definitely NOT the way I wanted this day to go.
I'm more disappointed about going back than I expected to be. I cried a few times today, but not everytime was it because I didn't want to leave him. A couple of times it was because I did and felt guilty.
Ugh. And I dont' even get tomorrow to make it up to him. And here come the tears again. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

no_iffer said...

um, don't feel guilty about wanting a break from your little man. I must admit that I have counted the days a few times until Mason returns to school. No matter how perfect they are - we need a break! Just short ones to remind us how great it is to be with them.

The routine of the school year will have to be good for us all...maybe. : )