Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bullet Train

A little randomness - need to warm up the old blogging muscles.

  • Today July is halfway over. Meaning my time off is halfway over too - I have a week of workshops the week before actual in-service starts, so as of Aug 3, I'm back at work.
  • That really bites.
  • Tater's big boy room is done. Pics will be the next blog.
  • I've incredibly bummed right now - my brilliant photographer friend Jenny is going back to teaching and will now be limiting the times she does photos. And she is incredible, so she books up fast. So because I took it for granted that she would always be there, I have put off booking our family pics and it will now be November before we can get them done. I'm ridiculously mad at myself.
  • I have a lot of projects I wanted to get done this summer but have only checked 3 things off the list. I think I'm gonna just have to be good with 3 or so more, because the motivation just ain't there.
  • It is still up in the air when/whether Samm will be back. Thoughts and feelings regarding that are varied and will be kept.
  • I am evidently not too terribly committed to my weight-loss goals because I have lost a whole pound. The goal is 10 before the first day of school.
  • I just ate half a bag of mini-rice cakes - the caramel corn ones. And I wonder why I'm not losing weight...
  • I think it is unfair for an almost-30-year-old to still be having to deal with acne. Hence I have been tanning. I know it's bad but I hate not being able to wear cute tops in the summer.
  • Plus tan fat looks better than white fat.
  • I am not excited about school yet. I wish I were. There are evidently a ton of changes to our state standards. I don't really care enough to try to figure them out yet.
  • Wow, now I remember why I don't blog - so stinkin' negative!! Maybe I'll try again tomorrow when I'm in a better mood.

No comments: