I copied these little star hooks from ones my mom made for my new baby nephew's room. Even though I intended them for cowboy hats and jackets, Tater is having fun putting his silly dress-up hats on them. The little cowboy shelf is one of the few decor carryovers from the baby room... I just think it's too cute!
I put in new curtains, but just the top panel. We don't have blinds on these windows and they all get direct sun in the morning, so we've always doubled up on the tab-tops to block out the light and heat a little more. Before he had 2 red panels so I replaced the top only with blue (there was too much red in his room). I kinda like the layered effect. I didn't iron the curtains, which bothers me a little, but I figure a few more weeks of this heat should knock the wrinkles right out, right?
This is the dresser that a friend gave me (actually, all the dressers in this house were free gifts from friends!) that I repainted with my sister's help (post-bedrest) before T was born. The lamp is a repainted $1 garage sale find. The barn-wood mirror - $3 at another garage sale a few weeks ago. The little quilt was $5 at a craft show in Ballinger before T was born. I call this my wall of bargains. :) The only thing I have left to do in here is find a suitable living space for all his stuffed animals. I stole their box to store the stuff that used to be under his bed. Until then they'll just stay stashed by the toy buckets.

And this is my favorite wall. That is indeed a real rope hung on the wall with hooks and tack nails. It's authentic too - the roper who used to live here left it out in the roping arena out back, so it's nicely "weathered." Here's a close-up. I'm a little too proud of this idea - I just think it turned out so cool!!!
And I do have to say that it is kinda sad that the only room in this house that I consider to be finished, decor-wise, is the bedroom of the three-year-old male... who really couldn't care less. He does really like the rope actually - he told me it is "awesome." :)
That's all that matters.
2 comments:
Love it!!! Too bad you can't come teach me how to do the same beautiful work decorating our house.
i LOVE the rope! it's so cute.
and the curtains. i would've never thought of the layering. they look really good!
Post a Comment