Thursday, May 22. The last full Thursday of the school year. Smiles.
It's almost 10 pm, which is the late end of bedtime, but I'm still up. Why? Because I'm a wuss who can't go to bed without her hubby being home. We're in round 2 of the rodeo committee saga of the year - the PBR - and I'm once again a single mom for the week. That's never a good thing. Somehow having 3 people here instead of 2 is motivation enough for me to fix a real semi-well-rounded meal. But if it's just Tater and me? Anything goes.
Tater's supper: an assortment of lunchmeat, Triscuits and Cap'n Crunch
My supper: Julio's and guacamole
Guacamole is my new favorite thing on the planet. I got 3 avocados on Sunday, made the guac, and had it completely finished off by Tuesday night. I got 2 more avocados today. I just couldn't help it. Then tonight I made the huge mistake of looking up just exactly how much fat is in an avocado. Ready for this? 25-35 grams on average. Holy guacamole! I mean, I knew they were good for you but were high in fat, but geez!! So I guess I'm gonna have to take it easy on the green stuff. Which leads me to my next topic...
I have found every last one of the 8 lbs I'd lost over the past couple of months. They made their way back home. But it's entirely my fault. I have been a total pig the last month. I've had major sweet tooth moments and seem to have lost my self-control entirely. Case in point:
This week is teacher appreciation at my school (During which our principal spoils us entirely). On Monday, we had breakfast... I was good and only had a donut and 2 glasses of chocolate milk. On Tuesday, it was freshly baked cookies all day long. I'm not gonna lie - I had at least 6. (Oh, and don't forget all the guacamole I was consuming when I got home at night!). Yesterday, PTO and our secretary's husband fed us a steak dinner, complete with this incredible lemon custard bar thing that I could not resist. So I had not one, not two, but THREE! What is wrong with me? I'm some kind of sugar addict or something!!
So sadly, the tummy that was starting to slowly dwindle is back up to it's looking-4-months-pregnant status. I'll just have to hope that this ridiculously hot summer will make me lose my appetite.
Today was the 4th day in a row we've hit 100 degrees - according to my truck anyway. And it's not even June. Summer is gonna suck... or, as all my kids who have just seen Shrek the Third as a part of our medieval unit would say, it's gonna totally sucketh.
Well, maybe not totally... Have I mentioned there are only 5 days of school left?
1 comment:
I totally identify with the tummy that looks 4-months pregnant. Only I think mine is more like 5 months. I too, am a sugar addict with a penchant for avacados/guacamole. You think we can blame our parents?
Post a Comment