On our way home yesterday, out of nowhere Tater started screaming "Pay! Pay!" Confused, I said, "What, baby? Play?" and started looking around for some new park that had magically appeared by Home Depot or something...
" NO! Pay! Pay God!"
I looked back at him and saw he had his little hands clasped together.
"You want to pray?"
"Yeah! Pay God! You pay too Mom."
It took some time to convince him that I could pray without putting my hands together. Evidently, driving a car is not excuse enough to not pray properly. But I finally got him to go ahead and pray without me. So here it is. His first real prayer, said all on his own with no prompting from Mama.
"Dear God. Thankum day. Aaaannndddd, um... thankum food! Aaaannndddd, um... thankum... um... goats! And thankum sheeps, and thankum deers. Aaannnnddd, thankum... umm... hmm..."
"Are you all finished sugar?"
"Yep! AAAAAA-men!
Thank you Father God, for this unbelievable gift. This miracle of Your creation. This precious little boy that amazes me daily. Thankum.
3 comments:
tears...
I know you already told me the story...but it's precious all over again reading it!
That is the sweetest thing!!
Post a Comment