Sometimes I really want to know what's going on in this child's brain. For example:
Q: What time is it?
A: Eighty dollars.
Last Saturday, he went to hang out with Grandma and D-pop. I made the mistake of telling him 5 hours before it was actually time to go and had to say "Not yet" about 300 times. But when I first told him he was going over to their house, he clapped his hands together and exclaimed, "Go D-pop's house! Go buy some money!" Um... ok?
Another example of his astounding ability with numbers...
Scenario: He's "measuring" my head with his own little measuring tape
Q: How big is Mommy's head?
A: Two.
And then there's tonight at bedtime. He wasn't really ready to go to sleep. He did the "Hey! Hey Mom!" shout from the crib a couple of times. When I finally caved and went in, he did some cute mumbling and stuttering, finally managing to get out a "My need sumpin,'" but he couldn't come up with what. I gleaned "juice," "raisins" and "potty" out of the garble and had to make a concerted effort to keep myself from laughing. He was definitely grasping at straws.
Gosh that kid's funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment