Saturday, May 9, 2009

To my Mama on Mother's Day

Dear Mom,

I love you. First and foremost, I love you so very much. There aren’t words to describe how grateful I am to you, in so many ways and for so many reasons.

Thank you for being an incredible example of a mother; you have taught me more through the way you live than you’ll ever know. You have been such a picture of Jesus for me – thank you for your servant’s heart and your quiet passion for Christ. Thank you for raising me in the faith – for teaching me the path to righteousness. Thank you for showing me a mother’s unconditional love. Over the years, you have demonstrated the boundless patience, mercy and wisdom that I hope to show my own kids. Your selflessness is an inspiration and an encouragement to me; I know I would not be the mother I am without your tireless example. I would not be the woman I am. Thank you for your patience with me all along the way.

Thank you for loving my kids. I can’t describe how blessed I feel to be able to hand my little man over to you every day. I know I don’t say enough how truly appreciative I am, but I want you to know how invaluable it is to me to know Tater is learning and growing with you. Thank you for your well-stocked pantry that both my darlings raid daily. Thank you for loving Samm as much as you do. One of the things I love about you is your huge heart; in that heart there is truly no difference between biological and step-grandchildren – they are all yours and that’s all that matters.

Having you for a mother has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. I am so glad to be able to call you my mother and my friend. I am so grateful God decided to give me to you; but truly, you are God’s gift to me. And I am so indebted to you for the life you have poured into me. Thank you will never be enough.

I love you Mama.
Jenni

1 comment:

Diane said...

And I love you. More than you will ever know. Thank you for such a loving tribute. (sniff)