Well, not really gone, but turned into a toddler bed - "big boy bed" according to Tater. He was super excited about it! He even helped my take the screws out and put the new ones back in. Well, the new ones minus a screw, because... like I said, he helped - and one mysteriously disappeared.

But the whole rest of the day, he'd come up to me or Randy and demand we come see his big boy bed - even if we'd just seen it 10 minutes earlier. He even demonstrated how he would sleep in it - complete with snoring sound effects.

We did all this about 3 week ago, and it took a week for him to sleep through the night without waking up a little disoriented and crying, but he's totally used to it now. The best thing is that he still stays in there, even when he wakes up - he just hollers at me to come get him. I know the day will come soon when he figures out he really does have the ability to get up and come to me... I'm not sure how we'll handle that though, since the dog sleeps in our room at night and still does not have a handle on his spasticness, and therefore cannot be around T without jumping and knocking him over. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Now all we have to do is get rid of those diapers...
1 comment:
Try putting a baby gate in the doorway so he can't get out in the night. Some of my friends do that, and say it works well. I don't have to worry about that yet, but it'll be here before I know it!!
Post a Comment