I just realized I never posted the result of my big Day One endeavor - seeking the forgiveness of my "enemy." Well, it couldn't have turned out better.
I left the note I wrote her on her pile of stuff when we were on a break. Then I waited. I wasn't sure she had even read it until after lunch, we both happened to be the only ones in the hallway at the moment. She walked toward me with a smile on her face and gave me a hug. I'm talking a real, genuine, squeezy hug. She said she agreed with and was great with everything I had said in my letter, but that she was not up for a truce (what I'd asked for in the note). She said, "Not even a truce; it's just over." I couldn't do anything but grin this big, ridiculous smile. The rest of the week we laughed and joked like nothing had ever happened, which is exactly what I was hoping for. That right there made the entire 4-day (semi-boring) workshop worth it.
I was thinking of doing a weekly update with some of the fun stuff I was doing, but then it occurred to me that would be bragging, which pretty much defeats the purpose. I would still LOVE some suggestions though - I may run out of creativity once school hits. Anybody have some neat "random acts of kindness" ideas I can use??? Anybody know of a need I can fill? Anything I can do for you?
No comments:
Post a Comment