Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October is here!

This morning on the way into town, I realized it was the first day of October. All at once a little twingle ran down my spine and I got a chill of excitement. I absolutely love fall! I know it's officially been fall for several days, but it doesn't really feel like fall 'til the calendar says "October." My absolutely most favoritest time of year is Christmas, but fall comes in a close second - maybe because it leads up to that magical holiday. But in honor of this season, a bullet post of my favorite things about autumn:
  • Mornings just crisp enough to need a jacket
  • Gorgeous cool evenings
  • Pumpkin decorations
  • Pumpkin pie
  • Pumpkin bread
  • Cinnamon candles
  • The smell of fireplace in the air outside
  • The fireplace going inside
  • Prettier sunrises
  • Thanksgiving - and family
  • football on TV
  • Reds, oranges and yellows in the trees
  • Sweaters
  • Air that just smells "cold"
  • Pictures of my cutie in the pumpkin patch

Ahh. October. Autumn is here!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I too am very excited for fall. Last friday L and I went to the TWCA football game and I got COLD! Of course it was only like 70 degrees but still...